Message – Foundational Truths in Genesis Pt. 2
Series: Thru the Bible – Genesis 8-11
Podcast: Download (87.4MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
(Outline of high points)
- God regards His creation ( “The Lord remembered (thought about) Moses & EVERY LIVING thing with him on the ark” )*
- The chambers of the deep were closed. (Indicating there was still more water which could have been released – or at least there was water in them when they were sealed)*
- Specific times and locations reveal a literal historical narrative
- “…150 days the waters were abated”
- “The ark rested in the 7th month on top of the mountains of Ararat.
- 1st thing Noah does upon leaving the ark was build an altar and offer sacrifice.
- Noah’s heart of worship and devotion in the offering of the sacrifice effected the heart of God.
- The Lord said IN HIS HEART “I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake – even though the imagination of his heart is evil from youth to old age – I will never again strike down every living thing as I have done. As long as the earth endures seedtime – harvest, cold/heat, summer/winter and day/night will not cease.”
- God’s purposes never change…He again blesses His man – now, Noah and sons, with initial charter “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth”.
- God pronounces animals as food and fear in our reign over them.
- DO NOT EAT BLOOD!
- Whoever sheds man’s blood – will die.
- God makes and confirms a foundational promise to Noah, his sons and all life
- Symbolizes promise with sign of His bow in the clouds
- God promises to remember upon seeing His bow in the clouds
- God is watching earth.
- Animals and man become carnivorous
- Oceans now exist
- Huge mountain ranges now exist and begin to form due to tectonic shift
- The beginnings of all the families of the earth are mentioned as descending through Ham, Shem and Japheth.
- Ham sins against God and Noah his father
- God again judges
- Noah prophecies foundational pathway of the future of his sons.
- Noah is the last of the very long lived lineage of man – 950 years (350 yrs. following flood)
- God again shows one of His purposes in writing the Bible – to reveal the Godly lineage (bloodline) by offering ages and births for the godly line.
- Man rebels against God’s established plan and order at Babel.
- We once again see God revealed as more than one entity yet fully unified in purpose.
- God IS sovereign over all His creation – including man.
- God’s purpose for man is to fill the earth – to seek Him and find Him (Act 17).
- God forces His purpose by tinkering with mankind’s mind to create languages.
- “The Lord God scattered them abroad” – shew!
- Up until now all mankind spoke one language and one dialect of that language.*
- Mankind begins to spread over the face of the earth in language groups.
- We see can determine where the descendants settled by some of their names.
- Immediate rise of complex societies in the fertile crescent
- Man’s intelligence is displayed in his ingenuity
- Man’s common progeny is seen in similar architecture cropping up all over the world simultaneously.
- In steps Abraham!
There is much more information in the audio/video of the actual message. I hope you listen, learn and enjoy!
We will begin with Abram next week…Blessings!
I hope this teaching will challenge you and encourage you to place your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
You have a special place in God’s family & kingdom. If you do not know Him, please use our ‘Contact Us‘ page and reach out so we may have the privilege of introducing you to the Lord. Neither money nor attendance at our church will be mentioned.
If you have been spiritually fed by this ministry and wish to give, we truly appreciate that and you may do so here, but all outreaches of this ministry are FREE for you and anyone to enjoy at no cost.